Friday 6 March 2015

London Fashion Weekend & New Season, New Style | SS15

If you follow my instagram account you will know that I went to London Fashion Weekend last weekend. It was such an amazing day, surrounded by clothes in so many different styles - holographic, prints, dresses and bold and bright statement pieces... I could go on!





The first show that I saw was an SS15 trend catwalk show which was styled by theoutnet.com. This show was split into four of this seasons top trends - hyper florals, shimmer and shine, make it monochrome and that seventies show. 

I love all of the trends for this coming season, and it makes me so excited for spring and summer! There wasn't one trend which I liked more than the others, I just loved a bit of everything!! 

Hyper Florals 

This is definitely one to watch. I feel like this is a trend that keeps on revisiting each year, though now it is going to be all about the oversized petals and bright colours. With everything from dresses to mix and match separates to add a feminine feel to any outfit.

Shimmer And Shine

Sparkle and metallics are so current and stylish and add a bit of glam and girliness to anything. Whether a dress covered all over in sequins or a simple top embellished in sparkly detail it is definitely in this year!

Make It Monochrome

Whilst wearing black and white nothing can go wrong, it is a colour combo that can't be beaten. Now back with oversized stripes and checks, head to toe monochrome is an any time and anywhere option. 

That Seventies Show

I love the seventies style, flared jeans, lace, fringed clothing and lots of suede. One of my favourite things about this trend is that you are able to mix bold and bright colours together. Time to be brave and embrace your inner creativity.

I also saw the Halston Heritage show. This designer was particularly popular in America and was labelled as the creator of luxury American fashion. Reinventing the jumpsuit, shift dress and the kaftan in the 1970s. 

Halston Heritage was a brand that I had never really looked into before, so all of the designs were new to me. Some were fairly simple in black, grey and white. This collection was all about ombre, jumpsuits and sparkle incorporating all of this season trends together and so there was definitely something there for everyone. Halston Heritage added a masculine touch this collection bringing in tailored trousers and suits. The dresses were amazing and so chic and elegant, with a plain gold or silver belt as a simple touch. 





Let me know which is your favourite trend for this coming season in the comments!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates by pipdig